Sunday, January 23, 2005

 

All work and no play

Haven't posted in a few days because I've been working my tush off getting this project up and going. It's due in a couple of weeks and I was ahead of the game until they wanted a meeting (they were too busy during the design phase???) and that put be back a week or more. Hence not much posting. Meals were largely warm-ups of last w/e dishes and coffee was good as always but I'm working on using up some odds and ends so that I can really enjoy the Ethiopian Harar Horse (I've got 4lbs) 2 of MAO and 2 of Fair Trade. Should be roasting some tomorrow. Read "Thom's" great descriptions of them.

Went to visit a coffeegeek who works down at Wilderness Perk and had a great ristretto. He really knows his stuff. No Latte Art though.
Tonights pot of good stuff is going to be some Chile Colorado. Seems to be shaping up to be close to great.

Comments:
Sounds to me like Tom BELONGS on Coffeegeek. Had my first bad roast yesterday. It's OK, they were
some throw-away beans but I only had 80g and needed 112, so I went up to the attic (were I keep my beans and got some Brazil Poco Fundo to make up the difference). But it is cold up there. The other beans
were at room temp. After 9 minutes I heard first crack, but then another one started 3 minutes later and second crack started on the
first lot right after that. To cut a long story short. I waited for the second lot to start second crack and as a reult the overall roast was almost French with lots of oil on the beans. Charbucks stuff. Drinkable but garbage.
Feel for you about the snow. We had the big freeze about 10 days ago but not that much snow. Snow is a real bummer. Looks pretty - as long as you don't have to go out in it. Feel for you.
Are you going to start a blog? Great way for you and
your far flung family and friends to keep in touch and up on what is going on in your life!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Technorati search