Sunday, January 16, 2005

 

Beef Stew and cold weather

Well it’s getting warmer. Only 12F this morning, better watch out or we’ll have a heat wave.

The coffee I roasted yesterday Kenya AA Auction Lot 220 – Karatina (from Sweet Marias of course) turned out beautiful, stopped at the start of 2nd crack. Probably a Full City roast. I wanted to do it a little lighter but I am finding the Z&D is getting me to second crack faster than I anticipate. Anyway the proof is in the cup. This coffee just underlines the similarity between good coffee and good wine! Beautiful acidity that helps to bring out the clean flavor profile and a lingering fruit and chocolate aftertaste.

Well with this kind of weather you can hardly fault a good hearty beef stew. I have been doing less and less of the French braising method and more and more of the Italian: instead of using a lot of liquid, the Italians use just very little so you get little sauce, but what you do get is intense. Got some decent cabernet to go with it. Making me feel warmer just thinking about it



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Technorati search