Saturday, March 12, 2005

 

So much going on

It's been a very full week!

To start with it became obvious that the people I was depending upon in SF were letting me down big-time. So a complete reassessment of my approach was called for. I found the phone number of the owner of the agency I did so much work for and through her got the phone numbers and email addresses of several of her past employees. I proceeded to call them and got some very positive feedback. Upshot of it all is that we have changed our position on looking for a job. Previously we had been against taking a contract position but realized that it might be the easiest way to break back into the SF job market.

This was re-enforced by Thursday's weather. 40mph winds with 50+mph gusts. Truly horrible. We really HAVE to get out of this place.

Installation of the program went on apace despite the continuois FUs by the completely inept IS dept. out there. To top it off they want to offer me another contract, but in their continued inability to do anything efficiently nothing will be finalized until April 12! Actually that suits me fine because by then I should either be out of here or if not I'll have a fall-back position.

On the coffee front there have been some very exciting developments. I'll update the blog on all that tomorrow as it will be a long post. We are doing our first roast with the new setup today and I'll be able to give an update.

Comments:
so did you get your roaster back then? Glad you are taking a more agressive approach to the job market. It will be aggressive right back. Will talk with you Sunday.

Matt
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Technorati search